- What is the longest word in the english language?
A lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silicious particles.
- What are the most popular countries included in a Mediterranean cruise?
Italy and Greece are the most common countries.
Others could include Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, France, Spain, Croatia, and Turkey.
- What is the distance between Shreve, Ohio and Mansfield, Ohio?
The distance between Shreve, Ohio and Mansfield, Ohio is:
26 Miles or 42 Kilometers.
(Check out City Distance Tool)
- What is the rise in inches per foot of height for a wheelchair ramp?
Specifications state a one-inch incline per foot of ramp. Also, the width of the ramp should be no less than three feet.
(see Bad Ramp)
- What is "acp" on pistol ammunition?
ACP is an abbreviation for Automatic Colt Pistol.
- What is the main language spoken in Greenland?
The official languages of Greenland are Greenlandic and Danish.
- What is the third largest continent in the world?
- What number is represented by a baker's dozen?
13 is commonly considered a "baker's dozen".
- Where do Chinese gooseberries come from?
Chinese gooseberries are more commonly known as kiwifruit or simply kiwis. The fruit is native to southern China, and the top producers are Italy, New ...
- What is the average income in Dade and Broward County?
As of 2003, the median household income for Dade county Florida was $36,089.
As of 2003, the median household income for Broward county Florida was $42,659.
- What does PHD stand for?
PHD is a common form of Ph.D. from the Latin Philosophiae Doctor, meaning Doctor of Philosophy.
- Why are Grape Nuts cereal called that? Is there such a thing as a grape nut; if so, there are none in the cereal.
The original ingredients for Grape-Nuts contained maltose, which was known as "grape sugar". This, and the "nutty" flavor of the cereal may have been the ...
- When playing Texas Hold'em, how do you determine the winner of the hand when two players have a flush.
The flush with the highest ranking card wins. If there is a tie, look to the next highest card to determine the winner all the ...
- What number day of the year is it (8/4/09)
see Day Number of the Year Calculator
- Why do the major car manufacturers have a renewed interest in two-stroke engines?
Two-stroke engines offer many advantages over four-stroke engines.
Higher power-to-weight ratio
Higher power-to-volume ration
Use of a variety of fuels
Fewer working parts (no valves or camshafts)
The major disadvantage ...
- What is the meaning of the word GUI?
GUI stands for Graphical User Interface.
Windows is an example of a graphical user interface where users interact with the computer using images, icons, and mouse ...
- Why is 1GB equivalent to 1024 MB?
Bytes are measured using a base 2 numbering system (as opposed to the more familiar base 10).
1 Kilobyte (KB) is actually 1,024 or 2 ...
- What software do you use to create your tutorials?
We use ViewletBuilder from Qarbon to create the tutorials at MIStupid.com
- What is the largest fresh water island in the world?
Manitoulin Island is a Canadian island in Lake Huron, in the province of Ontario.
- What is the life span of a human eyelash?
The average human eyelash lives about 150 days.
- What do the genetic codes xx and xy mean?
XX and XY refer to chromosomes that determine the gender of certain organisms including humans. In the XY sex-determination system, females have two of the ...
- Why do our eyes blink?
We blink our eyes to keep them moist and free or irritants.
Tear glands moisten the eyes and sebaceous glands in between the eye lashes lubricate ...
- When were toothbrushes invented?
The ancient Chinese made toothbrushes from the bristles of pigs.
William Addis of ...
- What are the front and back teeth called?
Starting from the front and working back, the teeth are called:
(see Human Teeth)
- Who was "Steady Eddie" of the 1940-50s Yankees?
Edmund Walter "Eddie" Lopat (originally Lopatynski).
Born: June 21, 1918. ...
- Why wasn't there a World Series in 1994?
There was no World Series in 1994 due to a strike of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
(see World Series Winners )
- What was the lineup for the Boston Red Sox in 1967?
1967 Boston Redsox - Most Starts (by position)
- Who has won the second most World Series titles in MLB history?
The New York Yankees lead with 26 World Series wins.
The St. Louis Cardinals are second with 10 World Series wins.
(see World Series Winners) ...
- Who are the only MLB teams that have never played in the World Series?
Here are the teams that have never PLAYED in a World Series:
Seattle Mariners / Pilots
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
(see World Series ...
- What MLB teams have never lost a World Series?
Here is a list of teams that have never lost a World Series they played in.
Toronto Blue Jays
- Which way does the world turn?
If you were looking "down" on the Earth from the North pole, the Earth is rotating in a counter-clockwise direction.
- What is the distance between the Earth and the Sun?
The Earth's distance to the Sun ranges from about 91,400,000 miles to 94,510,000 miles.
(see The Solar System)
- What is closest mars has been from earth?
The closest Mars has been with earth was on August 27, 2003 with distance of 34.6 million miles.
(see also The Solar System)
- Why is Connecticut "The Constitution State"?
Connecticut is called the Constitution State because some early historians claimed that the Fundamental Orders of 1638-1639 were the first written constitution in history.
(see License ...
- What is the origin of the tradition of an instructor cutting the shirt tail following a pilot's first solo flight?
The traditional removal of a new pilot's shirt tail is a sign of the instructor's new confidence in his student.
In the days of tandem ...
- Was Jawaharlal Nehru a president?
Jawaharlal Nehru (1889 - 1964) was the first Prime Minister of India.
- What are the names of the people who were the Secretary of the Treasury in 1963? There should be 2 different ones-the one that it was before Kennedy was shot and the one after.
It was actually the same man serving under both Kennedy and Johnson. C. Douglas Dillon served as Secretary of the Treasury from January 1961 through ...
- What is the best way to paint a door screen without clogging up all the holes?
Use spray paint.
(see Paint Calculator)
- What are the numerical conversions in thousandths for steel gauges 12 - 20?
Steel Gauge Conversions
- What is the best method for removing wallpaper?
The best method is to have someone else do it.
A wide painting spatula or spackle knife is a must for this work.
Most all ...
- What is 3 hr 20 min + 4 hr 25 min + 5 hr 35 min?
Convert everything to minutes for easy addition...
1 hour = 60 minutes
3 hr 20 min = 200 minutes
4 hr 25 min = 265 minutes
5 hr 35 ...
- What does a seven sides shape look like?
A seven-sided polygon is called a heptagon, and looks like this:
- What is a percent circle and what does it look like?
A percent circle is another name for a pie chart. It is used to show relative proportions of values.
Here is an example:
- What does a 20 sided shape look like and what is it called?
A 20-sided regular polygon is called an icosagon. Its interior angles are 162 degrees.
Here is an example:
- What is the volume in yards, of a cone-shaped pile with a 90-foot base circumference and 15-feet tall?
The radius of a circle with a 90 foot circumference is 14.323944878270580219199538703526 feet.
radius = circumference / 2pi
With a height of 15 feet...
Volume of a Cone ...
- What date is 90 days from August 10, 2007?
November 8, 2007.
You can accomplish date calculations like this in Excel.
- What is the best way to store a list of golf league members by name and addresses?
The best way to store data in Excel is to have each person's name and address information on the same row.
Label each column heading ...
- When I type in text in an Excel worksheet it tries to help by filling in the rest of the cell if the characters are similar to an existing cell. This is not helping me enter data at all. How can I turn this feature off?
The AutoComplete feature means well, but sometimes it is more trouble than it is worked. Turn it off from the Tools menu, Options...
On the Edit ...
- What is a mail merge?
A mail merge is a method of creating multiple form letters and/or mailing labels by merging a data source of records with a form document.
- What is the third highest mountain in the world?
Kangchenjunga in Nepal is the third highest mountain in the world.
See the Top 10 Tallest Mountains.
- Why is Australia not considered the largest island in the world?
Australia is generally not considered an island, but a continent. Some of the justifications are that Australia is tectonically independent from other continents and has ...
- What is the largest island in the world that is not considered a continent?
Greenland at 839,999 square miles.
- What's the tallest mountain in the alps?
Mount Blanc at 4,810 metres (15,781 ft).
(see also Top 10 Tallest Mountains)
- Who is on the five dollar bill?
(see Coins and Currency)
- What is on the back of U.S. coins? It is the white house?
It is different for each coin.
The Lincoln Memorial is on the back of the penny.
Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home, is on the back of the nickel.
- What year did Hank Williams Jr. start singing the opening song for Monday Night Football?
Hank Williams Jr. began opening Monday Night Football in 1989 with his song "Are you ready for some football?"
- Who was the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl VI?
- Who is the mascot for the Oakland Raiders?
The Oakland Raiders do not have a mascot.
(see NFL Mascots)
- Which city has hosted the Super Bowl most often?
Miami, Florda has hosted the most at ten times.
5 times at the Miami Orange Bowl, and 5 times at the Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphin/Sun Life ...
- Why is the sky blue?
- Why is it colder at the top of a mountain than at the bottom?
There are a few factors that contribute to temperatures being colder at higher altitudes.
Air is thinner, or less dense, at higher altitudes because of lower ...
- When playing poker with wild cards, making it possible to get 5 of a kind, which hand ranks higher a royal flush or the 5 of a kind?
Five of a kind beats a royal flush.
If someone gets five of a kind without wild cards, you have yourself a problem.
(see Poker Hand ...
- What is a "Gordy Howe Hat Trick"?
In Hockey, a "Gordy Howe Hat Trick" is ...