How many wisdom teeth does a person have?
Typically, adults have four wisdom teeth--one in the back of each quadrant. These teeth are also referred to as the third molar and numbered as 1, 16, 17, 32.
Wisdom teeth may begin to erupt around the age of 17. If there is not enough room in the mouth, wisdom teeth may remain impacted. They can cause such trouble as the shifting of other teeth or discomfort, thus requiring surgery to remove them.
(see Human Teeth)
- Do children lose all 20 primary teeth?
- Do baby teeth have nerves similar to permanent teeth? If a cavity in baby teeth is drilled, is the sensation the same as in adult teeth?
- How many roots do canine teeth have?
- Do children lose all of their molar teeth, or just the first ones?
- I have a 4 year old daughter that needed 4 root canals on her baby teeth, does that have any effect on her adult teeth when they come?
47789/27%Last update: 2007-10-09 07:28
Author: Ask MIStupid
You cannot comment on this entry